Quarterly, we will be providing project updates on our blog for community members, donors, and partners to learn about how the project is progressing. These updates will be a result of meeting outcomes surrounding building planning, fundraising, communications and programming initiatives for the new facility. Project details and economic impact details can always be found here: https://elkhartcenter.com/ and click here to make inquiries about the project.
APRIL - MAY 2018
- Completed steel, began underground plumbing and electrical and began exterior metal stud framing for Beacon fitness and physical therapy units
- Completed most of steel detailing in community center
- Erected and detailed steel in gymnasium and completed masonry on south end of gymnasium
- Completed masonry on east, west, and north exterior walls and completed underground plumbing and electrical of teaching/fitness and therapy pools. Began pool piping and concrete for whirlpool.
- Completed masonry on east wall and partial north wall of the main pool
- Completed installation of underground plumbing and electrical and began spray fireproofing in locker rooms
- Prepped, formed, and poured recess slab on grade in locker rooms
- Started overhead rough-in of main pool
- Started underground pool piping in main pool and storage areas