Monthly, we will be providing project updates on our blog for community members, donors, and partners to learn about how the project is progressing. These updates will be a result of meeting outcomes surrounding building planning, fundraising, communications and programming initiatives for the new facility. Project details and economic impact details can always be found here: https://elkhartcenter.com/ and click here to make inquiries about the project.
SEPTEMBER 2017 UPDATE
- Skillman and the design team are working to keep construction documents on schedule.
- Site groundwork is repacked for foundations.
- The steel package is released and scheduled for production. Targeting for the steel package to arrive later in September with utilities and infrastructure development.
- Layout of storm water is complete.
- Phase 2 bid package is under final value engineering for adjustments needed to eliminate overages.
- Communications plan for events, announcements and membership presales are complete.
- Facility Naming Team has developed list of potential names to be vetted in panel market research which will be open to the community for additional feedback.
- Elkhart Rotary will be the ambassadors for the phase 3 public fundraising efforts. Events will occur in September and October along with other service organization. The targeted amount to be raised is at least $250,000, which will be match by Kem Krest Corporation. Rotary events inviting the public to learn about the project will take place on the following dates and times. RSVP is required.
- 9/29, 7:30-9:00AM
- 10/11, 5:00-6:30PM
- 10/24, 12:00-1:30PM
- Groundbreaking ceremony and event for lead donors will be scheduled for late September and early October.
- Target facility opening is February 2019.