Monthly, we will be providing project updates on our blog for community members, donors, and partners to learn about how the project is progressing. These updates will be a result of meeting outcomes surrounding building planning, fundraising, communications and programming initiatives for the new facility. Project details and economic impact details can always be found here: https://elkhartcenter.com/ and click here to make inquiries about the project.
MARCH 2017 UPDATE
- Pool bids will be submitted next week and steel package is projected to go to bid this week.
- Variance approvals are expected for this week on construction pieces for the bid.
- Final property acquisitions are soon expected to be under contract, including the Moringa Tree and the Mexican Market.
- Expected project overruns have been realized and there are some design changes will be taking place - overruns will be covered by the contingency.
- The design budget is still being refined.
- A first LLC board meeting (Community Foundation of Elkhart County and Beacon) will be taking place within next couple of weeks.
- Need to secure $3-4 in fundraising.
- Building zoning / placement variances will need to be submitted with the City the third week of April for approval the second week of May.