Quarterly, we will be providing project updates on our blog for community members, donors, and partners to learn about how the project is progressing. These updates will be a result of meeting outcomes surrounding building planning, fundraising, communications and programming initiatives for the new facility. Project details and economic impact details can always be found here: https://elkhartcenter.com/ and click here to make inquiries about the project.
NOVEMBER - DECEMBER 2017
- Value engineering effort continue with $500,000 remaining to achieve budget
- The fireplace is potentially looking to be eliminated
- The diving platform foundation set
- Myrtha pool being fabricated to be delivered late January
- Steel delivery moving forward
- Team will review if expediting schedule makes sense
- The two clinical groups are reworking their areas for design documents and construction docs. Sports medicine for bariatric is switching. The density is the same. Footprint and envelope doesn't change. The child care to administration is closer and better.
- Working on grants for AEP, Mutual Bank, City, and PNC
- Looking to have an on-site fundraiser in the Spring
- Naming for the building is underway. The first public survey is complete. The next panel will be expanded beyond the immediate geographical focus.