Monthly, we will be providing project updates on our blog for community members, donors, and partners to learn about how the project is progressing. These updates will be a result of meeting outcomes surrounding building planning, fundraising, communications and programming initiatives for the new facility. Project details and economic impact details can always be found here: https://elkhartcenter.com/ and click here to make inquiries about the project.
OCTOBER 2017 UPDATE
- The value engineering efforts continue to find $1MM in project savings.
- We will be locking in masonry and those vendors who are in immediate need to keep moving forward.
- Physical therapy and sports medicine functions will be the medical fitness space focus. Beacon is covering the design costs.
- Curbs are in for the parking lot. Prep for asphalt is underway.
- Steel is scheduled to start on Wednesday 10/25/17. Main structural steel will take 2-3 months for topping off.
- Naming committee for the facility is moving forward with survey.
- Regional Cities documentation is sent for the first appropriation.
- Rotary and service organization events are underway at the Lerner Theater.
- In the overall fundraising effort, $1.4MM remains to be raised of the $69.5MM.